Friday, April 15, 2011

The One About Dancing

When was the last time you danced freely? I don't mean weird dancing that looks like you're having a seizure, but fun dancing. Think of a 2 year old. The other day I was watching my 2 y/o daughter in her "pretty" (a dress), dancing to "More Sunday Morning Songs with Bob & Larry". She was spinning, raising her hands in the hair, jumping, laughing, clapping and looking so happy & full of joy! I decided to join her. We laughed and danced... and to be honest, I was exhausted much more quickly than she was!! But it was fun and freeing. It was joyful and exhilarating. And it was a bonding experience with my little one. It picked up the mood of the day and my 7 y/o and 4 y/o also joined in so we formed a circle and circle danced around the living room. Dancing is fun! Next time you're having a bad day... pop in your favorite music and dance around the house w/ your little ones (or by yourself)... I bet it'll brighten the day!

No comments: