Thursday, March 19, 2009

The One About 15 Minutes of Bliss

I managed to get 15 minutes to myself today. What an amazing thing to happen in the middle of a weekday. I put Sammy down for a quick snooze. Then Alyssa fell asleep. Then Beth finished her chores and was able to do computer time. THEN James & Levi asked for a bath. So I was alone in my living room with a cup of coffee and a Mexican Chocolate Chip cookie and my laptop. It was SOOO wonderful. But then an ambulance went by and woke Sammy. He came out of his room crying and woke Alyssa. Then Beth's started talking about her game and wanting to tell me all about it. Then James started yelling at Levi in the tub and Levi started yelling at James. So... 15 minutes of bliss... to be followed by an evening of normalcy. Sometimes it's better to skip the quiet moments and just have the day continue at normal pace.....

1 comment:

wimama05 said...

Isn't that just the way it works :)