Friday, November 6, 2009

The One About Whole Foods

I've been reading a lot of Shonda Parker's books lately. I am really enjoying the way that she writes and am trying to glean as much information as I can from her. The reoccuring theme in her books is that your body is a temple to God and should be taken care of accordingly. She writes how we should be careful about what we put into it, but to do it according to how you can financially and with your husband's & family's likes/dislikes/needs in mind.

So I'm trying to incoorperate more whole, seasonal foods into our diets as money allows. Things can be very tight financially lately, so it isn't going to be perfect, but I'm going to try my hardest.

Today so far:
Bfast ~ Scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast
Snack ~ fresh, homemade applesauce (Yum!)
Lunch ~ baked oatmeal: oats, eggs, milk, maple syrup, baking powder & I put chopped apples instead of raisins because I had none.
Dinner ~ homemade beef stew (unfortunately beef is not organic the way I'd prefer, but a lean cut): beef, browned and a gravy made w/ w.w. flour & water, potatoes, carrots, onions & fresh garlic. & homemade w.w. rolls made w/ molasses instead of white sugar
Dessert &/or second snack ~ homemade whole wheat applesauce cake... which I just tasted and it was yummy.

I know that financially I cannot afford organic foods right now or a huge variety of fruits & veggies... but I'm going to do what I can...

No comments: