Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The One About the House & Isolation

So we placed our pre-auction offer on the house we really want. IF this works out it will be such an answer to prayer in so many ways. There are hoops to jump through.. there's a ton of paperwork that we need to work on... but we're taking it one step at a time.

Competely different topic here:

Why is that we stay at home Moms easily isolate ourselves from the world around us? I do this all the time. If I wasn't forced out of the house for children's activities the world would only see me emerge for church & grocery shopping and then I'd hide back in my little bubble. But I've come to realize over the years that the more I do that the more depressed I become and it creates a big awful cycle that I cannot pull myself out of easily.

So to avoid that happening this Summer (now that children's activities are done for the school year), I am having coffee w/ a friend one morning per week. It's not much, but it's a start. I'm also thinking of starting a "Girl's Game Night" once/month or if we all can, once every other week. It'll be good for me... Just a week ago I could feel myself spiraling downward into that negative trend. It has to be stopped.... I cannot let myself go there again. :)

No comments: