Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The One With The Auction

Wow! That was interesting. I've never been to an auction before... and certainly not one in which I was willing to bid up to $135,000 on something! To say I was nervous would be an understandment. I was literaly shaking in my boots (er. um. sneakers, actually). I was more nervous than I was at my wedding.

It was an actual auction, with the auctioneer talking fast and people raising their cards or nodding their heads to up their price. There were only a few other bidders. We ALMOST got it for $90,000, but then the man next to us decided to keep going up... finally we bid $120,000 and no one else bid. It was a bit surreal when he said "Sold! To the man in the red shirt!" Woohoo!!

So we were the highest bidders at $120,000 for a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom home in the town we REALLY wanted to be in. In a house that was built in the late 90's! in VERMONT! That's amazing for this area of VT, so we're pretty excited!!

1 comment:

carrie24 said...

So excited for you! a great price too :)