Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Vacation 09: Day 2

(side note: these are written the day after they happen...)

Got up fairly early and headed down to breakfast. It was a very yummy breakfast, but we felt a little out of place. The hotel is attached to a fancy restaurant. You know the type: People are dressed up for breakfast, chat on cells and wear sunglasses through the meal. The waiters were very nice and loved th ekids so it wasn't a big deal, thankfully. I have to admit that when I first walked in I was a little nervous... but as usual the children did well.

We drove about 2 hrs southwest and came into Allentown area. We visited the Crayola Factory in Easton. Easton is a beautiful town/city. I loved all the old buildings and the charm of that area. The Crayola Factory was a lot of fun for the children. I missed the demonstration about making crayons because I was nursing Alyssa in a closet. Yes, a closet. They advertised there was a nursing room and whenever there is that advertisement I feel obligated to use it... so I went in search of it and discovered that it was a small closet that they keep their first aid stuff in. Weird.... but anyway... I met w/ the family again right after the demo was done and got to participate in the fun stuff. The children came away w/ a bunch of freebies: crayons, markers, model magic and so on. They got to try out different things that they had never used before. Then there was a whole play area... you could use the chalk on the floor, write on a wall, and all sorts of fun things for the kids!!! It was a blast :)

Then we headed the rest of the way into Allentown and got to our hotel and unloaded. By then it was dinner time so we headed to Ruby Tuesdays. They don't have those where we live, so it was a yummy treat. I got Asian Salmon and it was the best Salmon I've had in a long time. And their salad bar was THE BEST I've ever, ever had.

We got back to the hotel around 8:30 and got everyone to bed by 10. LOl!! Yah, the kids are staying up LATE these days... Only the 2 youngest seem affected so far, tho Beth is a bit more emotional than usual lately, so I'm sure that has something to do w/ it....

No comments: