Thursday, May 7, 2009

The One About Today

We survived the errands alone. I ended up having 4 stops, which is ok, except having to buckle and unbuckle so many times is annoying. (Not me.. the kids!) The children were so well behaved, which I was very thankful for. After we were done I took them to the playground to run off some energy. We practically have a playground in our backyard w/ a swingset, a tree house and a sandbox, but there's something fun about getting to go to an actual playground. And it gave me time to read outside. :)

Today I'm home all day, so I'll be getting ready for the vacation. I already started dehydrating pineapples, bananas and apples. Matt loves dehydrated fruit on a trip. I'm also going to make oatmeal/white chocolate chip/craisin cookies.

Right now I have to tend to a wiggly toddler and a fussy baby... she's sooo crabby lately I'm a little nervous about this trip...

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm jealous. You get to read at the playground???? Maybe next year, I'll be able to do that.

I'm so excited for you for your trip. I love going on vacation. It's so nice to have a break in routine. Imagine, a full week without cleaning and cooking!

Living With A Handful said...

yah I know!! The kids go crazy playing so I don't have to do a thing except nurse the baby and read... Of course I keep an eye on them too :)

I'm so/so about the trip... but then you know that. :) It'll be fun, but I'm such a homebody it sounds stressful at times. :P