Thursday, July 2, 2009

The One About Meditation & Peace

"Ouch!" went the checkbook this morning.. I paid the bill for the well. But I'm praising the Lord for his provisions!!

Im having a quiet moment right now. We're outside, so the children are occupied swinging and playing. The baby is sleeping peacefully... I can hear her deep sleepy breaths on the monitor next to me. It's so peaceful.

I've been thinking a lot lately about what it means to meditate on the Lord and on His word. I think I may have mentioned it before... tho I'm not sure . Sometimes I can't quite remember what I blog here and what I write in my paper journal. LOL! What does meditating on the Lord mean exactly? To meditate means to reflect. To engage in thought or contemplation. So if we are to meditate on the Lord and his Word we are to reflect upon Him and contemplate his words. I know that I get so caught up on the day to day busy-ness of life and often only take those 15-30 mins of devotions after the children go to bed. I go through the motions of prayer before meals, but I'm not really reflecting on the Lord during those times. I've decided to change this... starting small. I'm going to put a verse that really touches me up on our dry erase board in the kitchen to start with. I'm always looking at that board so it'll remind me... I long to be in a real relationship w/ the Lord... not just an aquaintance relationship.

No comments: