Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Quiet Day That Wasn't

This morning I wanted to go out and go strawberry picking, but when I mentioned it the children begged me to stay home today. We've been going a lot lately so they really wanted a day at home and I agreed.

At 9 I got a phone call from the realtor saying someone wanted to see the house at 10!!! Oh my... I asked it to be 10:30 instead to buy myself an extra 1/2 hr, which was a good thing. We went into super speed and cleaned like crazy. Vacuum, dusting, dishes, laundry, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing.... oh boy! I was thankful that the house is decluttered so it looks good once we did all of that. We grabbed the dog and got out the door at 10:24. WHEW! We went to the playground and then came home and hour later.

Then I got a phone call from my Mom... my step-dad is planning to come over to recarpet the living room this afternoon... which means that we're going to have to be gone again! Yikes! Poor kiddos... they really wanted to stay home today (and so did I, really.)

No comments: