Monday, December 1, 2008

The First Entry

We recently added a fifth child to our family. Not only a fifth, but the fifth child is 7.5 years!
Are we insane? Yes.
Are we happy? Yes.
Are we overwhelmed? Yes.
Are we blessed? Most definitely.

My days are filled with diaper changes, schooling, nursing, housework and all the things that being a stay at home homeschooling mom of 5 entails. Some days are insane, some are peaceful, but all days are busy. I'm trying to find the balance in parenting. Aren't we all? I'm trying to discover what being a parent is really all about and how to raise my children to become well rounded adults. I recently told my 6 y/o (James) that being a kid is preparation for being an adult. That all you learn as a child will help you to be a 'grown up' (he's always stating that he can't wait to be a grown up so he can set his own rules.) Later the next day I overheard him telling his 7 y/o brother (Levi) what I had said... so maybe, just maybe some of what I'm teaching will get through... to them & to me.

2 comments:

Janeen said...

Well hello there! Welcome to blogger! I have two on here so check them out. I'll have to change my links sometime so I can come on here instead. Take care!

Salma said...

just taking a stab at it... but do you get all your title ideas from Friends? I love that show and think that's such a great idea :)