Thursday, December 4, 2008

The One Where I'm Overwhelmed

It's been 6 weeks since my youngest daughter was born. If you were to see me at church or in the store & ask how life is with 5 right now I'd smile and say "It's great. I'm really blessed." In reality I'm overwhelmed. Don't get me wrong: I am really blessed. But over the past few days I've felt myself slipping into an all encompassing feeling of stress. I feel like I'm digging myself into a hole and the light is disappearing... soon I won't remember how to get out.

I've dealt with PPD before and I don't feel quite like that, but I do feel if I don't start taking preventative measures I'm going to slip back into it. I don't want to... It's a dark, sad, lonely place.

So that's my feeling for today... overwhelmed..now I need to figure out how to avoid PPD or sinking further into this stress & frustration.

No comments: