Thursday, June 25, 2009

Another One About the Well... and extra stuff too.

We received the bill for the well this morning. I have to admit I was a bundle of nerves opening it up... half of me didn't want to know & half of me just wanted it over with. Praise the Lord it didn't go over $4000!!! It was still more than *I* wanted it to be at the beginning, but it was only $10 more than I figured it out once the man who drilled the well gave me the figures. And thanks to Dave Ramsey's program and the Lord's leading we can actually pay cash for it. It will completely wipe us out... but we can pay it. Yay!

Other Random Topics:
  • My basil is so sad looking. I can't figure out what to do with it... so I moved it into full sun in hopes that will help. I read up on it a bit more last night and found it likes well drained soil... I don't think the box it's in has well drained soil, so I need to figure out what to do about that.
  • We got all summery yesterday and set up the kiddie pool. The kids had a blast in it and I actually took a few minutes to relax and read while they were playing in it.
  • I'm reading Clara's War right now. It's the true story of a young girl/teen who survived the German Occupation in Poland. I'm only in chapter 3 and I have to admit I'm highly disturbed by the evil that is present in the Russians and the Nazis. It's hard for me to believe that anyone can be as evil as they were ... and sad to think that this was only 70 or so years ago. I know people say that the wars today are just as bad... and they probably are, but the seeming disregard for human life to the point that is described in this book it horrific. I cannot even bring myself to type them.... yet people lived through this. It's no wonder that the men who fought over there and the people who lived through it rarely talked about it. It'd be easier to just try to put it from your mind, yet I don't think they ever could.

No comments: